Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

31 GB of Removed Downloads Remain on My Hard Drive

I went through the entire Match process and all my music is successfully on the iCloud servers. I carefully followed the "remove download" procedure to delete all of my music [I have backups elsewhere] from the limited space MacBook hard drive - careful to leave the files in iCloud. In iTunes, it shows all of my music off my hard drive, and it all streams nicely via Match.

31GB of music was moved to the trash, and I emptied the trash. However, the hard drive space has not been cleared. Instead, the 31 GB have been moved into a hidden file. Using Disk Inspector and Invisiblix I can see the 31 GB are there, I just can't access it because its hidden and I'm not good with terminal. Its all in a hidden Library folder within my Home folder.

How do I delete the 31 GB of music to free up much needed space on my MacBook hard drive when its all in an inaccessible hidden folder?

Any help would be appreciated!

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 1:02 PM

5 replies

Feb 7, 2016 1:19 PM in response to Niel

I think I'm mixed up. I did Get Info for the entire Library at it came to the same size as the deleted music. That's all the individual Library folders happen to add up to the same size as the music. Thus it may just be coincidence.

Could it be that Disk Utility is not telling the truth about available space?

I've tried to post a screen shot of Disk Inspectors report, but its being rejected.

31 GB of Removed Downloads Remain on My Hard Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.