Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro fault with magnets in Apple front screen cover

Hello,

Has anyone with an iPad pro and Apple branded front screen cover experienced this problem?

I bought my iPad pro with Apple magnetic front screen cover at Christmas. It has never left the house and has had very light use. I've not dropped it or bumped it or knocked it etc. I put on charge a few hours ago and noticed that the screen cover was hovering above the iPad pro. It was like it was being repeled by an opposing magnet.

My son has an iPad pro and cover as well, so he tried my cover on his iPad with no problem. He then tried his cover on my iPad pro and experienced the same problem as myself.

It seems logical to assume it's not therefore the Apple cover that's at fault but the iPad pro itself. How an iPad pro magnet in the device could reverse polarity under under normal use is baffling. I have had many Apple products over the years all still work. Including a first generation iPad, an iPad mini an iPhone 4 and an iPhone 6s. When anyone has asked in the past I always say Apple products are expensive but you get what you pay for. Apple products are a great products. I'm not so sure now.

I phoned up Apple support and they seemed to think the matter faintly comical. I'm dissapointed and wonder if Apple manufacture has slipped in recent times. Apple support told me to go to my Apple Store, which isn't convenient and one of the reasons I bought the iPad pro from Apple online in the first place.

Has anyone else experienced this problem. What was the outcome. I feel that with such gentle use my iPad pro maybe a lemon and need to be replaced but I can't as yet establish how widespread the problem maybe.

Kind Regards

Lisa UK

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 9.2

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 1:31 PM

1 reply

Jan 17, 2017 5:10 AM in response to lisafromhorley

I have the same issue with my iPad Pro. The cover does not snap-shut properly on the right face of the iPad but "hovers" slightly, being repelled by the magnets in the iPad. The cover itself works fine on a friend's iPad pro, but not on mine, nor does the friend's iPad cover work on mine.

Something seems to have happened to the magnets in the iPad Pro.

iPad Pro fault with magnets in Apple front screen cover

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.