Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

nessusd Terminal - Remove MacBook Pro

Hi All,

I have a Mid 2011 MacBook Pro that has treated me extremely well. Currently running OS X 10.11.3

However, as of the past few months there has been a mysterious period of spinning up and running extremely warm while draining my battery rapidly. I found through terminal I have a task running "nessusd" that is taking up %160 of my CPU and when I kill the task it comes back and causes the system to get warm and spin up again. I have looked everywhere and cannot find a way to kill and remove the task permanently. I know it is from Tennable Network Security but I am not sure where I downloaded it from. As of right now when I search through all of my files including the Library there are no files on Nessus.

If anyone has any idea on how to permanently stop and remove the program it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-Austin

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), 16 GB RAM | 1TB Samsung 850 Evo SSD

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 1:48 PM

There are no replies.

nessusd Terminal - Remove MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.