Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Signing out of someone else's iCloud without password?

I bought an iPhone 6 from a seller online and cannot set up my iCloud on this phone without first signing his account out. Is there anyway to set up my iCloud on this long without having his password?

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 1:52 PM

3 replies

Feb 7, 2016 1:57 PM in response to Tarynrenee89

Does your screen look like this (with the ID being shown not yours)? -
User uploaded file
If a second-hand iOS device has been 'Activation locked' then only the previous owner can unlock it, either by providing you with the account ID and password, or by removing it from his list of devices (as he should have done before selling it) - please see http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4515

If you are unable to contact him to do this then I'm afraid you will not be able to use the device - there is no other way of unlocking it at all. Apple cannot unlock it for you.

You should if possible return it to wherever you bought it and ask for a refund as in this event the device is completely useless.

Feb 7, 2016 2:00 PM in response to Tarynrenee89

If you can contact the previous owner he can use the "If you no longer have your iOS device" steps in the following link: What to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you can't contact the previous owner the only other option is to return the device or deal with eBay / credit card company etc to cancel the sale.

Feb 7, 2016 2:08 PM in response to Tarynrenee89

Tarynrenee89 wrote:

I bought an iPhone 6 from a seller online and cannot set up my iCloud on this phone without first signing his account out. Is there anyway to set up my iCloud on this long without having his password?

Of course you need the password to sign out. What would be the point of password protecting an account if anyone could just change it without the password ?

Signing out of someone else's iCloud without password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.