Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Banned username

Apple are you seriously not letting me use my REAL name as my username because of the last 4 letters?!

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 3:45 PM

10 replies

Feb 7, 2016 4:00 PM in response to mynameisshannonlee

Hello, Shannon Lee Mitchell, (Just testing)

You are not communicating with Apple here; this is a technical forum manned by users like yourself. If my test above gets the same treatment I think you should write to Apple support. Meanwhile I will take the matter up elsewhere on your behalf, but it would be your complaint to Apple support that would get it changed, if that is at all possible.

Second test. shannonleemitchell

Well, this far so good. the banned word is heii

Feb 8, 2016 12:09 AM in response to léonie

Thank you Leonie, that does seem a pretty conclusive answer. But it also shows that the consecutive letters theory may only apply to a user name.

But I have seen some printed names containing the four letters we most associate with bans (F***). I think Shannon should formally approach Apple anyway ... or as an alternative, if unsuccessful, use the two i's to replace the l's. That of course, shows how foolish using an auto decision can be.

Banned username

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.