Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Track naming

I Don't uunderstand how the tracks in the arrange window and mix window stop being linked , so I have to re name everything twice is there a away to re link them when this happens ?

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 3:26 PM

14 replies

Feb 8, 2016 8:46 AM in response to grayedout

Here is how it works:

• Hover the mouse over the Track name in the Track Header and the little Tooltips window appears telling you if this name is a "Channel Strip Name" or "Track Name"
  • The default in LPX is now that the name on the Track Header is the Channel Strip, identical with the name of the assigned Channel Strip, naming one will name the other.
  • There are two circumstances (tricks) that forces the name on the Track Name to be an independent "Track Name"
  • Show Automation and click on the Automation Disclosure Triangle. Now, when you click on the name, it displays a highlighted "*TRACK NAME". Entering a name, will enter the individual Track Name, and now it is independent from the Channel Strip Name
  • Another "force Track Name" situation" is when you assign a Track to more than two Channel Strips. In that case, clicking on the name in the Track Header will also prompt the Track Name entry for that Track.
  • Deleting a Track Name entry to revert back to the Channel Strip Name is as simple as double-clicking the name on the Track Header and hit the delete key.
  • If you are not sure what you are seeing, hover the mouse over the name on the Track Header and the Tooltips window will tell you.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Feb 8, 2016 1:41 PM in response to Indyuser

Indyuser wrote:

Edgar - absolutely outstanding, amazing, thank you!!!!!.......Really !!!!!!!!!!!

Now if you can just tell me how to get follow tempo checkbox to show up in an external audio track ( since detect tempo doesn't do it anymore in 10.2.1.)

I don't know what an "External Audio Track" is. Are you referring to an Instrument Track that uses an external hardware instrument as its sound source, using the "External Instrument Plugin? In that case, it would'n apply.

A few thing to keep in mind:

• "Follow Tempo & Pitch" is a Region Parameter that is displayed as a checkbox in the Region Inspector.
  • The Checkbox is only displayed in the Region Inspector if you have an Audio Region selected.
  • The parameter has nothing to do with the selected Track.
  • The "Follow Tempo & Pitch" checkbox changes to the "Flex" checkbook if you have a Flex Mode enabled for the Track the selected Audio Region is placed on.

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Feb 9, 2016 12:55 PM in response to EdgarRothermich

Another "force Track Name" situation" is when you assign a Track to more than two Channel Strips. In that case, clicking on the name in the Track Header will also prompt the Track Name entry for that Track.

so I have been using Stack track , intact all my track are in stacks, so is this the same as "assign a Track to more than two Channel Strips" I am not sure who else or why you would do this?

Feb 9, 2016 4:01 PM in response to EdgarRothermich

Edgar,

Sorry we should probably started another thread.... But "External Audio Track" - should have read "external audio file" which was not recorded originally in logic. In previous previous versions of 10.x, if you imported an audio file ( created outside of logic) - the " follow tempo & pitch" checkbox would not appear in the inspector until you ran the detect tempo command, which afterwards would display the parameter to be checked or not in the inspector (make it visible). In 10.2.1. this functionality has been limited to flex. Is there another options to get the follow tempo check box to appear without busing the audio track back into logic. See below - excerpt from your excellent books. Option #2

lUser uploaded file

Track naming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.