Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover iMovie

My mac's hard drive was filling up due to iMovie, i copied (right click copy) all of my media and deleted the iMovie library because when i tried deleting clips they weren't deleting properly and were getting stored somewhere other than "rejected" or the "trash" which i couldn't find.

I then restarted my computer and when i pasted the media in iMovie it was corrupted. I have now lost days of work!

Yes stupid i know. I very naive regarding iMovie.

I usually imported media straight into iMovie by dragging it right onto the story line instead of importing it. If it did go into my media i would delete it from there because it was already in the story line and would take up so much space. I would edit my videos in the story line.

I have tried using recovery programs but have had no luck.

Does anyone know of any other ways i could get back my iMovie project or media. I have the videos in my "photos" app on the computer but there was so much time spent picking out and editing the good videos from "photos"

I do not have time machine turned on ahah! Yes yes i know...

Macbook Air

1.8 GHz

4GB 1600 MHz

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012)

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 4:29 PM

There are no replies.

Recover iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.