Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i turn on my ipod?

I tried charging my ipod 5g for days, it wont restart and ive tried holding it for 10 minutes even and no apple logo, hooked it up to my computer and itunes and doesnt recognise me. Ive tried many different cords. I cant chat or send it into apple because I dont know my serial number because its inside my ipod that wont turn on. Im busy so i cant go to an apple store and the closest store is over 60 miles away. Help please.

iPod touch, iOS 8, Ipod Touch 5g

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 5:06 PM

1 reply

Feb 8, 2016 1:07 AM in response to Kgan33

Try the remaining items of the following. I think yo only omitted trying placing the iPod in Recovery and DFU mode.

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

How do i turn on my ipod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.