Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new MBP already needs repairs

got a new MBP, less than 30 days old. Already needs to go to Genius for repair on keyboard. I am quite disturbed by this and have a mind to demand they give me another new MBP instead of fixing this one. What do you all think?

MacBook Pro, iOS 9.2.1, El Capitan

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 6:40 PM

2 replies

Feb 8, 2016 6:00 AM in response to fontaine30

If you purchase a computer from Apple you have 14 days from purchase to return it for any reason at all. After that 14 day period it is yours and Apple’s responsibility is to repair defects of workmanship for 1 year after the purchase (3 years if you bought the extended warranty). I understand the disappointment of an expensive purchase not being perfect - I had a new computer require 2 repairs within 6 months and I wasn’t particularly happy. Had a third repair been required before the year was up I’d have requested a new computer and probably had a good shot at it. But your chances of getting that on the first repair once the 14 days are up are probably nil.

new MBP already needs repairs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.