Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

reply all keyboard shortcut no longer works in mail.app

Macbook Pro 2013, El Capitan 10.11.3, Mail version 9.2 - everything up to date at post time.

As of a few weeks ago shift-command-R has stopped working as the keyboard shortcut for Reply All. When I select an email and hit shift-command-R, I hear the alert ping. When I select Reply All from the dropdown menu, it works. When I hit shift-command-F, a new forward message is created, so it isn't that I am confused about the keys, that my shift key is broken, or that keyboard shortcuts have universally stopped working.

Tim Cook/Apple please stop running the brand into the ground one software issue at a time, you are breaking my heart.

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 6:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2017 12:55 PM

Are you by any chance using the "Be Focused" app? I had this issue, and it was because this application foolishly uses Mail's Reply-All keyboard shortcut. I can assure you that Mail was never changed, so it is something else on your system that is intercepting the keyboard command.

4 replies

Feb 8, 2016 9:36 AM in response to Stilken

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

Send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem solved sooner.

Mail Feedback

Or you can use your Apple ID to register with this site and go the Apple BugReporter. Supposedly you will get an answer if you submit feedback.

Feedback via Apple Developer

reply all keyboard shortcut no longer works in mail.app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.