Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP seems to take screenshot automatically

Using 2015 MBP El Capitan 10.11.3

The computer seems to randomly take an automatic screenshot (screen flickers and screenshot sound is heard)

This usually happens when on Safari. I use VPN at times but this also happens when I am on on VPN.

It gives me the creeps as I feel someone is aware of what I am doing.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 7:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 8:14 PM

Does the camera LED come on?

6 replies

Feb 7, 2016 8:17 PM in response to george ajjan1

Do you run FaceTime or Skype? Here is one way to determine the sound. http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/84961/random-shutter-sound A mac can make various sounds. The shutter sound, the padlock sound or even click keys. To verify, you could using photobooth, take a picture and see if that is the sound. Or go to system preferences and unlock and lock a padlock to see if that is the sound.

Feb 8, 2016 11:54 AM in response to george ajjan1

This does not sound like any known malware. However, what you describe does sound similar to what Photo Booth will do by default when taking a photo through the webcam... it will flash the screen pure white for a second as a "flash" as it takes a picture, with an accompanying shutter-click sound. At the same time, a green light should turn on within the black border around your screen, near the center of the top edge, which indicates that your webcam is capturing images. Is this similar to what you're seeing?

MBP seems to take screenshot automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.