Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting Logitech k811 kb to OS X Yosemite

Is there ANYONE! who has had luck connecting this keyboard to a Mac Pro w/Yosemite??? I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard), which is the oldest OS that this keyboard will work with (so says Logitech), but have had ABSOLUTELY NO LUCK getting it to work. I'm considering upgrading to Yosemite (if I can w/o going to El Capitan), but now I'm seeing a # of discussions w/Yosemite people having the same problem connecting. I can get it to PAIR and CONNECT, but not to complete the install--the single device bluetooth light keeps flashing, none of the keys do anything, and it just disconnects after awhile.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 5:50 PM

3 replies

Feb 7, 2016 6:01 PM in response to terrencefromhayward

Upgrading to 10.7 or above, you need to watch out for other problems:

http://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-6271

Also 10.9 and 10.10 are no longer available. So if you haven't already installed 10.10 somewhere, you'll have to ask a friend to give up their license to it and make you a copy.

Also Logitech's website only says 10.6.8 and above. What that means is that they have tested it with 10.7.0 and that may be the only system it has been tested with on Mac OS X. Contact Logitech to ask if they have tested it with anything newer on Mac OS X side.

Feb 7, 2016 7:16 PM in response to a brody

So it looks like upgrading to El Capitan is the only possibility? I've seen Yosemite for sale on eBay as flash drive/memory sticks, but I'm scared to death of getting any upgrade that doesn't come directly from the Apple Apps Store, as I'm sure there would be licensing problems and continuing problems attempting to do any kind of upgrades.

Feb 8, 2016 11:33 AM in response to terrencefromhayward

No, you can still purchase 10.7 or 10.8 from the Mac App Store, but neither is known to be compatible according to Logitech's website. You need to contact Logitech to verify compatibility with either or, since they don't specify what is compatible. Also did you check to make sure your applications drivers are all Intel based, and not PowerPC as my 6271 link above mentions?

Connecting Logitech k811 kb to OS X Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.