Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use apple pencil in the pages app?

iF so, how do I do it?

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 7:05 PM

11 replies

Jan 4, 2018 10:06 PM in response to Wayne5018

Wayne5018 wrote:

“OneNote” it’s an amazing program...and it’s free. Why does Microsoft add this kind of amazing functionality and Apple hasn’t? That is a good question.

OneNote is a good app. But comparing it to Pages is like comparing apples to oranges. It's just not the same thing.

OneNote is a rough equivalent to Apple's Notes app. And Notes works brilliantly with Apple Pencil.

SG

Feb 7, 2016 7:49 PM in response to Deaner7

The Apple Pencil is designed specifically for use with the iPad Pro, and will work with iOS 9 tablet applications, according to Apple. Examples given by Apple are Notes for iOS, and Apple Mail for iOS. Whether it will work with Pages v2.6.1 for iOS or later, is an unknown. Visit an Apple Store, or authorized retailer that has an iPad Pro and see if you can test whether the pencil works in the above criteria.

You are not talking to Apple here, and this is actually the Pages for OS X support community.

Feb 8, 2016 5:23 PM in response to Deaner7

I don't use Pages that much, but I tried out the Pencil with it. In Pages I've found it is easy to insert "pictures", videos, shapes, tables, etc. The Pencil works fine as a pointer to these (but of course the finger does that just as well).

The built-in Notes app, on the other hand, has a drawing layer, where you can make a drawing using the Pencil better than you could with your finger. With a few taps that drawing can easily be saved as an image and inserted into Pages. (The same holds true for Paper and other apps that facilitate drawing with the Pencil).

So if Pages is for your final, polished document you can do your drawing in other apps and easily bring them into Pages.

SG

Can I use apple pencil in the pages app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.