Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring Whatsapp Messages from iPhone? (iOS 8)

Hi, I need help on restoring whatsapp messages

On my whatsapp chat setting, it is shown that my messages backup are created on a daily basis to iCloud - hence, showing the last backup date reflected as 7 February 2016

However, on my iCloud setting - it is shown the last backup date was in June 2015

I will like to restore or view my whatsapp messages backdated in June 2015 for an important chat log that was later deleted accidentally in late 2015.

Am I able to restore/view the old messages in 2015; and go back to the latest whatsapp backup created yesterday again afterwhich?

Thank you!

(I'm on iOS 8.1.3)

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 7:47 PM

2 replies

Jul 6, 2016 1:39 AM in response to lamentable

Did you ever backup your whatsapp messages to either iTunes or iCloud BEFORE you deleted them? If so, you may be able to restore them from a backup or the cloud, if not and your have been using your phone since you deleted the whatsapp messages (over a day even, but I suspect you deleted the whatsapp messages some time ago), it may be possible to recover it.

You may need program to recover your whatsapp messages, check it on Facebook Page:

https://www.facebook.com/app/?sk=app_208195102528120

Restoring Whatsapp Messages from iPhone? (iOS 8)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.