Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Videos missing

Hi

I drag and drop mp4 files to the source pane movie tab(it shows the files have been added) then I sync and eject the device. But when I go to the videos app on my iPad all the videos are gone and they aren't showing up in usage and storage either.

Please help me with this matter.

Thanks in advance

MacBook, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), I'm also using an IPadpro with9.2.1

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 8:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 7:02 AM

Hi, swaprin.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are unable to add MPEG-4 files to your iPad Pro. I would need a little clarification on how you are importing the file to iTunes to possibly provide a better answer. However, let's make sure that you are importing the file to iTunes via the steps below. Once done please attempt a manual sync of this media instead of a drag and drop.

Import music and video from a computer into iTunes

iTunes 12 for Mac: Sync iPod, iPhone, or iPad

The next steps would be to verify if the media plays in iTunes and creating a iPad version of this file outlined in the steps below. Once done attempt another manual sync again.

Convert a video for iPad or Apple TV

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Select the video that you want to convert.
  3. Mac: From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose File > Create New Version > "Create iPad or Apple TV Version."
    Windows: Hold down the Control and B keys on your keyboard to open the iTunes menu bar, then choose File > Create New Version > "Create iPad or Apple TV Version." Learn more about menus in iTunes for Windows.

If your videos from iTunes can‘t be played on your iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Apple TV

Cheers

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2016 7:02 AM in response to swaprin

Hi, swaprin.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are unable to add MPEG-4 files to your iPad Pro. I would need a little clarification on how you are importing the file to iTunes to possibly provide a better answer. However, let's make sure that you are importing the file to iTunes via the steps below. Once done please attempt a manual sync of this media instead of a drag and drop.

Import music and video from a computer into iTunes

iTunes 12 for Mac: Sync iPod, iPhone, or iPad

The next steps would be to verify if the media plays in iTunes and creating a iPad version of this file outlined in the steps below. Once done attempt another manual sync again.

Convert a video for iPad or Apple TV

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Select the video that you want to convert.
  3. Mac: From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose File > Create New Version > "Create iPad or Apple TV Version."
    Windows: Hold down the Control and B keys on your keyboard to open the iTunes menu bar, then choose File > Create New Version > "Create iPad or Apple TV Version." Learn more about menus in iTunes for Windows.

If your videos from iTunes can‘t be played on your iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Apple TV

Cheers

Videos missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.