Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID change Frustration

Frustration!!

i Changed my Apple ID and now I can't get updates, when I try to change details on my devices it keeps coming up telling me to enter password but using the old ID, when I enter the password (either new or old) it says not verified and then says my account is locked. When I follow procedure to unlock it says the old ID is not an actual ID (which it isn't anymore) then new one works fine! Although still gives me old one on my devices without the ability to change.

please help

iPad, iOS 9.2.1, iPhone 6s too

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 8:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 1:30 PM

Since updating the primary email address on the account have you logged out and back into the account on your iPad and iPhone (and anywhere else that you use the account) e.g. tapped on the id at the bottom of the Featured tab in the App Store app, or in Settings > iTunes & App Store, and then tapped 'sign out' on the popup : What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support ?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2016 1:30 PM in response to Merriamz

Since updating the primary email address on the account have you logged out and back into the account on your iPad and iPhone (and anywhere else that you use the account) e.g. tapped on the id at the bottom of the Featured tab in the App Store app, or in Settings > iTunes & App Store, and then tapped 'sign out' on the popup : What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support ?

Apple ID change Frustration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.