Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

metronome button

OK, I'm stumped. I'm trying to put the metronome button up on the transport or control bar, in Logic 10.1.1 but find no way to do this! I want to be able to toggle the metronome on & off with a button. I know on some projects it is there, but I can't find a way to add it to my current project! (Is this a dUH?)

Logic Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), 3.2 GHz Quad-Core, 6 GB Memory

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 10:10 PM

7 replies

Feb 7, 2016 10:44 PM in response to StephanDavid

Well, a very minor d'uh at worse...🙂

Go to the Menu bar > View > Customize Control Bar and Display...

Now make sure Click and maybe Count In if you use that too.. are Checked.. (along with anything else you wish to see in the Control Bar) and then click on the Save as Default button so each time you start a new project it will use these settings...

User uploaded file

Feb 8, 2016 7:47 AM in response to StephanDavid

Its because you are using a low resolution on your screen.. (or your screen is too small..) so there is not enough space for the metronome button to be seen..

Click the two little arrows to the right of the purple button to see it.... or increase your screen resolution.... if you can... or turn off some toolbar stuff that you don't use to provide more space.

Feb 8, 2016 8:47 AM in response to StephanDavid

No problem.. Glad i could help...

As an aside......As you are using an ACD... depending on your Mac's graphic's capabilities.. you should be able to set your screen res to a very high resolution via OS X System Prefs > Display and see everything without the need to turn anything off at all.. unless, like me.. your eyesight is getting slightly dodgy? 🙂

metronome button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.