Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPort Express works fine with OSx but not Windows

Purchased my AirPort Express 802.11n just couple months ago.

It was working just fine for all computers and mobile devices in my house.

Couple days ago, all of a sudden, My housemates' PCs started getting "slow internet, yet shows full signal strength". Note that my Macbook Pro has no issues. A PC in my room also has no issues using Ethernet.

My MBP is about 5 meters away from router with one door between them. My housemates' PCs are about 8-10 meters away from router. I brought my MBP over to their room and still get the same usual speed I got in my room.

Please advise. Really appreciate it. Thanks much.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), iOS 9.2

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 8:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 8:57 PM

The AirPort Express sends out the same WiFi signal to all devices. If the PCs are having trouble connecting, then its a PC issue.....not an AirPort Express issue. I don't think there will be many PC guys here on an Apple forum.....but it's possible that one might see your post and comment.

In the meantime, you might want to try restarting the AirPort Express, restarting the PCs, and looking over this support document

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/network-connection-problem-help#netwo rk-problems=windows-81&v1h=win81tab1&v2h…

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2016 8:57 PM in response to BFUD

The AirPort Express sends out the same WiFi signal to all devices. If the PCs are having trouble connecting, then its a PC issue.....not an AirPort Express issue. I don't think there will be many PC guys here on an Apple forum.....but it's possible that one might see your post and comment.

In the meantime, you might want to try restarting the AirPort Express, restarting the PCs, and looking over this support document

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/network-connection-problem-help#netwo rk-problems=windows-81&v1h=win81tab1&v2h…

AirPort Express works fine with OSx but not Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.