Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

contacts stopped syncing to my iPhone 5S

Contacts from my MacBook Pro have stopped syncing to iPhone 5S. Contacts sync fine from iPhone 5S to MacBook Pro but not from iPhone to notebook--don't know what happened, but can someone help me fix the issue please?!?!?!?!

Latest update on iPhone 5S is IOS 9.2.1

Latest Update on MacBook Pro is OS X El Capital 10.11.3

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 11:17 PM

4 replies

Feb 9, 2016 8:28 AM in response to s.cecilia

Hello s.cecilia,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see that you are having issues syncing your contacts from your computer to your iPhone. I would first suggest reviewing the setup for syncing and make sure nothing has changed. You don't mention if you use iCloud to sync or not, so here are two articles for you. One if you sync via USB and the other for iCloud.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes using USB

Get help using iCloud Contacts

Best regards.

Feb 10, 2016 11:03 PM in response to jeffd55

hello jeff, thanks for replying!

i use iCloud to sync all my devices. i followed your suggestion and rechecked the setup for syncing and everything seems in order. logged into my iCloud on my macbook and everything seems in order as well. i created a new contact (testing testing) on my macbook, and it shows on my iPad immediately and it also showed in the iCloud contacts, but not my iPhone. iCloud drive is on on my iPhone, i'm logged into iTunes and iCloud in all my devices so i don't know what else to check. any other ideas?

Mar 18, 2016 2:49 AM in response to s.cecilia

Hi

I have this issue too, and was wondering if you have managed to get it sorted? My searches have drawn a blank so far, and not sure where to turn next.

I have also noticed that update spinning wheel is no longer present when you go to contacts, groups and then drag down the list. However if I add a contact on the phone it will sync with my iPad and iMac and iCloud, also adding missing contacts from iCloud!

Stuart

contacts stopped syncing to my iPhone 5S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.