Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Iphone not backing up from restore properly?

Hi All,

I just purchased an iphone 6 (128gb) to replace my iphone 4s.

I never backed up to the icloud, only to my macbook pro.

I plugged in the iphone 6 & did a full restore from my most recent 4s backup.

I did not get any of messages beyond sep. 2014 & I did not get my most recent photos either..

Howver i dont use Iphoto, i use Aperture and i cant really figure out where the Iphone is actually backing up the pictures too..

In any case my assumption is that when i tell the phone to do a restore from backup it should do all my data, not just some of it..

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this please?

thanks

Jack

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 9:35 PM

4 replies

Feb 7, 2016 10:07 PM in response to JACKRUBY

could it be that some of my data is on my sim card?

I havent transferred the sim card into my iphone 6 yet.. its still in the 4s.

Even still why wouldnt itunes back up everything in my phone..??

does that mean ive been assuming all this time it was backing everything up in my 4s but actually it stopped at Sep 2014 and left things that were stored un the sim card untouched??

I thought the whole idea of a backup was to make sure if you lost your phone.. you had EVERYTHING backed up....!

Feb 8, 2016 4:20 PM in response to Briansyddall

Ok but in this circumstance i backed up all the info in the iphone 4 to my computer minutes before plugging in the new iphone 6.

So shouldn't the 6 (if i restore from latest backup) have everything the 4s has on on it now?

What difference will backing the same info up to the icloud make?

Besides the fact i dont really need to pay icloud storage fees for random photos & videos on my iphone..

New Iphone not backing up from restore properly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.