Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music app crashes when entering "playlist" tab

Just as stated, I open the Music app and upon tapping on the playlist tab, the app crashes.

I do not the apple music service.

The only 4 tabs on the bottom of the screen are | My Music, Playlists, Radio, Connect |

The Radio and Connect tabs do work.

I'm thinking of doing a hard reset after a back-up, but want to see if there's a solution before I do.

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 9:04 PM

1 reply

Feb 12, 2016 12:57 PM in response to A BoxOf Raisins

Update:

I performed the hard reset: erasing all data and settings on the phone and putting it into DFU mode, after resynching the phone to my computer WITHOUT using a backup, the problem persists.

I also tested to see if it was a simple issue of tapping on a certain part of the screen, so I went to setting and allowed apple music to be shown on the music app. Now with the playlist tab at the top of the screen, the problem still remains.

I also assumed that maybe it was a corrupt song that was causing the issue, where the phone couldnt load into the tab because of the bad song; so I deleted all my playlisted from the computer and resynched. The app still crashes.

Music app crashes when entering "playlist" tab

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.