Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 4th Generation iPod Touch cannot be upgraded beyond ios 6.1.6, and Apple's podcast app requires ios 7.1 or higher. Is there another app, workaround or solution that would allow me to download podcasts from Itunes?

My 4th Generation iPod Touch cannot be upgraded beyond ios 6.1.6, and Apple's podcast app requires ios 7.1 or higher. Is there another app, workaround or solution that would allow me to download podcasts from Itunes?

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.6, 60 G

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 9:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 6:12 PM

You should be able to get the last compatible version of the Apple Podcast app and other apps too:

Starting when iOS 7 was released, Apple now allows downloading the last compatible version of some apps (iOS 4.2.1 and later only)

Install the latest compatible version of an app on an earlier version of iOS or OS X

App Store: Downloading Older Versions of Apps

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2016 6:12 PM in response to vickydodge

You should be able to get the last compatible version of the Apple Podcast app and other apps too:

Starting when iOS 7 was released, Apple now allows downloading the last compatible version of some apps (iOS 4.2.1 and later only)

Install the latest compatible version of an app on an earlier version of iOS or OS X

App Store: Downloading Older Versions of Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.