Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which one is the best for battery life ?

Here is the the question about battery life :Several questions about Macbook Air

In the question dominic23 says: "Keep the computer plugged in whenever possible , If you keep the computer always plugged in, make sure that at least twice a month".

I thought the most important factor for battery life is the electron's movement in the battery ,so we should use in battery whenever possible.Therefore , I don't keep the computer plugged in if I don't have to.Moreover , I don't let the battery full discharge , if the remaining battery around %30 ,then I plugged in,so there is a limit for the second sentence.

The question is which method is the best for battery life ?

MACBOOK AIR (11-INCH, EARLY 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 9:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 9:34 AM

Completing one or two charge cycles a month will meet the requirement of "electron movement".

Quoting from below linked article.

“The question is often asked: “Should I disconnect my laptop from the power grid when not in use? Under normal circumstances this should not be necessary because once the lithium-ion battery is full, a correctly functioning charger will discontinue the charge and topping charge will only engage when the battery voltage drops to a low level. Most users do not remove the AC power, and this practice is safe.”

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/bu_808c_what_the_user_can_do

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2016 9:34 AM in response to Kali-ka

Completing one or two charge cycles a month will meet the requirement of "electron movement".

Quoting from below linked article.

“The question is often asked: “Should I disconnect my laptop from the power grid when not in use? Under normal circumstances this should not be necessary because once the lithium-ion battery is full, a correctly functioning charger will discontinue the charge and topping charge will only engage when the battery voltage drops to a low level. Most users do not remove the AC power, and this practice is safe.”

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/bu_808c_what_the_user_can_do

Which one is the best for battery life ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.