Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air suddenly not able to find wifi networks

hey guys,

Strange thing happened last night. Air playing from MacBook Air to Apple TV. Suddenly the movie stops. Nothing out of the ordinary usually.

This time though it seems differen.

MacBook can't find any wifi networks. Bluetooth is still working. It is not reporting the airport card as missing. Turnin wifi on makes it look for networks 15 sec. and it can't find any.

WHat I tried:

- SMC and PRAM reset

- tr network prefs

- reboot

- same situation in recovery mode

- restored from timemachine (1 month old backup)

pretty much much did everything I could think of. The only thing is to install a clean os. Though at this point I dont see this being anything else than a hardware fail on my Mid 2012 MacBook Air. This little guy never had any issues, plus is is up for sale right now (in working condition).

any other input on this?

thank you,

mark

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 10:56 PM

1 reply

Feb 7, 2016 11:32 PM in response to HiImMark

Have you tried running Wireless Diagnostics?

In spotlight search - type in Wireless Diagnostics and it should find the Wireless Diagnostic Utility. The utility should work even if you aren't connected to a wireless access point. It appears that you have done other steps that most people are going to suggest.

The Wireless Diagnostics utility is located in /System/Library/CoreServices/Applications

~Scott

MacBook Air suddenly not able to find wifi networks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.