Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there truly no way to change icon grid spacing??

My new iPad Pro is pretty much what I hoped for, except for the incredibly wasteful 4x5 grid of app icons. On every other device I use, this big screen would comfortably and readably display four times as many items, or more, avoiding the need to flip back and forth among home pages. I'm already spending lots of time wandering through my home pages trying to find the apps of interest, and I've barely started loading up this device with the stuff I use. I understand the desire for consistency across all platforms, but this seems extreme. By this logic, all iOS devices should all have the same resolution too. As far as I can see, the only way to change icon spacing is by jailbreaking the device. Is that really true?

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 11:06 PM

19 replies

Jun 18, 2016 10:40 PM in response to bobseufert

So ... screen dimensions are the same? (in inches)

Howzabout "resolution" ?? (pixels per inch) The same?

They surely could tighten up the spacing and allow one to choose the size of their own fingers... but THAT is not the Applian Way

Of course, my DroidFone won't let me adjust either (that I know of)... but it is already Goldilocks "just right" for fingers and spacing

(I have attempted to simulate real dimensions by eyeball)

User uploaded file

Is there truly no way to change icon grid spacing??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.