Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Never ending cycle of iTunes App updates for the same apps

Hi

We have a mac running yosemite and apple configurator 1 to manage 80 iPads.

It has all been working fine until recently when 5 apps keep getting stuck in a never ending cycle of updates. These apps are garage band, iMovie, keynote, numbers and pages. They are listed in the updates section of iTunes, but like 20 times each. If you let the update complete it just adds another entry at the bottom of the update list waiting to be installed and never ends.

i have updated iTunes, cleared the cache, deleted the apps and put them back, cancelled the downloads, but they just stay paused and download again once iTunes is reopened.

A colleague has been on the phone to apple support and they refuse to help us fix it until we upgrade to el capitan.

Now, we do not want to do this at present as at another site we upgraded the mac and were then forced to upgrade to apple configurator 2 and there was no easy way to transfer all of the paid apps, also the iPad images would not move over and essentially we have to wipe and reinstall all of the iPads.

i do not want to be forced into doing that again for 80 iPads just because apple want me to move over to the latest OS.

Can anyone tell me a solution to this update problem? Or a proper structured way of moving all of our content from apple configurator 1 to apple configurator 2 if we upgrade the OS? I don't see why we should have to wipe every iPad and upgrade an entire OS for, what looks like a potentially simple fix on the face of it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Michael

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Apple configurator

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 2:25 AM

1 reply

Never ending cycle of iTunes App updates for the same apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.