Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help - MacBook Pro white screen appeared

Hi,

I have a MacBook Pro 2011, with a SSD (installed later). I was importing photos and the screen went white. I don't know how to get it working again. I was importing into Lightroom and the fan powered up, which it does when building previews of the photos. I rebooted a couple of times and viewed a stripey apple logo which then disappears.

Problem is I have an important meeting this evening and need it to show my portfolio to client...

I have tried command, option + R and started up again. A striped padlock and password box appeared, which I entered, then a globe image and about 5 mins of progress bar. Then back to white screen... Also the fan starts up again.

I have a new iMac in case I can link it and help to sort out there.

Any help would be very gratefully received!

Thanks,

Nick

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), SSD 750gb, 16gb ram

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 1:21 AM

1 reply

Feb 8, 2016 1:30 AM in response to Nick.H

Just a quick follow up. Having done the Command, Option ,R thing, white screen returned.

I shut it down. Then thought maybe I could access it when on, if it was just the screen that was the problem, then maybe I could access it all from my iMac. Anyway, I turned it on and it worked fine! I just hope it will continue to keep working...

Didn't want to waste anyone's time, and hopefully this might be useful for someone else who's a bit useless on tech stuff!

Help - MacBook Pro white screen appeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.