Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked iPad

I've got my double-damned iPad locked, cannot access it as Apple do not accept any of my identifications.

I'm sick of Apple, its never-ending password problems, and its lousy apps.

How do I clean out this iPad so as I can sell it?

Thanks for your time.

iPad Mini, iOS 9

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 2:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 7:45 AM

Do you mean that the iPad is iCloud locked? Or it was locked because of wrong passcode?

If it is locked because of wrong passcode:

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

If it is iCloud locked device you need to contact the seller and ask him to remove this iPad from his list of devices. Otherwise, your iPhone will be a useless brick.

Find My iPhone Activation Lock: Removing a device from a previous owner’s account - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2016 7:45 AM in response to Lionbait

Do you mean that the iPad is iCloud locked? Or it was locked because of wrong passcode?

If it is locked because of wrong passcode:

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

If it is iCloud locked device you need to contact the seller and ask him to remove this iPad from his list of devices. Otherwise, your iPhone will be a useless brick.

Find My iPhone Activation Lock: Removing a device from a previous owner’s account - Apple Support

Feb 8, 2016 8:35 AM in response to thunderzzz

Many thanks Thunderzzz,

I think I am locked out of my iPad because when entering a new password, my old eyes and arthritic fingers made a mistake or two.

Every attempt I make to solve the problem brings me back to a demand for that password; which of course I do not know. Can not know. After a few attempts at guessing it I am locked out of my iPad.

Apple know the password, it is in their computer, but they choose to be bloody awkward, which is the standard Apple attitude to every problem: for instance my iMac has a 'curtain' defect in the screen, (this is very common and makes a mess of graphics including DVD movies). Apple pretend not to know about it, or to acknowledge it. It is caused by faulty hardware and firmware - the cheap LCD screen plus the Nvidia graphic setup. (The same graphic provider who buggered up expensive Mac laptops, including my wife's).

Another Apple stinker is the iBook app. I paid for ebooks, but could only read them when the iPad was within range of the Wi-Fi. Away from that only about a third of every book was available, followed by a 'Lack of resources' message. In simple words I paid and was swindled. Now I only buy ebooks from Kindle, which work wherever you may roam, and are also cheaper than the same offerings from Apple, apart from being always downloadable when an Apple upgrade has wiped data from the iPad.

I imagine every iPad owner knows about 'Upgrades' which cause problems and have to be corrected by further upgrades from the Orchard of Worm-eaten Fruit?

And, as we all know, the Fruit Merchants can't be bothered to help with problems, they leave those for the customers to sort out among themselves. Cheaper that way.

Make no mistake, I wish to get out of Apple's clutches and buy a computer/tablet without defects but first I need to clean out and sell my iPad. After which, to sell the iMac before buying something cheaper and more useful. (We oldies do not have much money to spare.)

All and any suggestion and technical advice is appreciated.

Thank you.

Locked iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.