Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Road Runner emails disappear after viewing them. I also have the email account setup on my PC as a pop account (I have turned it offline). I am trying to start using my Mac 100 percent for work.

Hello,

I have a road runner email address. Ends in tampabay.rr.com. I have had the email address for over ten years setup on a PC as a pop account. I am now trying to convert all my work stuff on to my Mac. Seeing we are growing in size and have multiple offices, it would be nice to be able to just carry my computer. Anyways I have setup my road runner email onto my Mac email and am losing emails after they have been read. The email is setup as an IMAP account on my Mac. When setting up the Mac did this by itself. Please advise what I am doing wrong.

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 3:21 AM

1 reply

Feb 8, 2016 8:19 AM in response to aaronisron

The advantage of IMAP is that it allows you to keep your e-mail messages over at Roadrunner, rather than your Mac, but gives you the option to copy those messages onto your Mac's folder that you create. You posted in a forum for a 17 year operating system. Go to Apple menu -> About This Mac and verify your operating system, and verify your e-mail version and e-mail software. We need to know your current operating system to give you accurate advice.

Road Runner emails disappear after viewing them. I also have the email account setup on my PC as a pop account (I have turned it offline). I am trying to start using my Mac 100 percent for work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.