Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How is it that iTunes Match often matches with 90% of an album and not the other track or tracks? Surely Apple stocks the WHOLE album?

I subscribe to iTunes Match and for the most part I am pretty happy with it. However, can someone supply these answers please?....

1. How is it that iTunes Match often matches with 90% of an album and not the other track or tracks? Surely Apple stocks the WHOLE album? I have so many albums now that have most tracks "Matched" at 256kps and odd tracks that are uploaded at only 128kps. Why doesn't it find the missing tracks?

2. Sometimes it matches with the wrong song, so that (for instance) you have a particular version of a song you like (and purchased as a physical CD) and iTunes Match finds a different song to match with, but how do you break this match and make it find a different one? Your one?

TIA, PeteBell, UK

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 2:46 AM

There are no replies.

How is it that iTunes Match often matches with 90% of an album and not the other track or tracks? Surely Apple stocks the WHOLE album?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.