Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to watch HD video on my iPad.

HI, wondering if anyone can help please. I have the latest ipad mini. I am unable to watch Apple trailers because, it appears, that they are downloading in hi def. My modem connection is good for 4mb/s only, not fast enough for HD. Is there someway I can get the traillers in standard definition? I used to be able to do this with a previous version of ios (I have the latest ios version 9.2.1) Now it is impossible to watch any videos from the apple movie trailers web site, as I get 1 sec of the movie, then 5 sec of nothing as the thing buffers the file, etc, etc.

On my iMac I can select the definition from sd to HD.

Besr Regards

Steve.

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 3:52 AM

4 replies

Feb 9, 2016 9:38 AM in response to Stephen Bruhn

Hi Stephen Bruhn,

For Apple trailers specifically, if you download the iTunes Movie Trailers app from the iTunes Store, you have the option to view the trailers in Standard Definition on your iPad.

iTunes Movie Trailers

iTunes Movie Trailers puts the newest HD movie previews in your hands. Browse trailers, clips, and featurettes for the biggest Hollywood blockbusters and independent cinema, view stunning HD photos, explore a year-long calendar of movie releases, find showtimes near you, and get ticket info directly from your iPad or iPhone.

Features: 

• Access hundreds of movie trailers, clips, behind-the-scenes featurettes, and images, available in HD or SD

• Explore an interactive, year-long release calendar that helps you plan when you'll be going to the theaters

• Save your favorite movies and theaters for immediate access anytime

• Find out what’s playing at your local theaters and purchase tickets directly from your iPad or iPhone

• Check estimated driving times and get directions to nearby theaters

• Add a movie to Favorites to be notified when it debuts in theaters or becomes available in the iTunes Store

• Browse Top Charts to view the most popular trailers, box office rankings, and top movies on iTunes to buy or rent

• Read critic reviews provided by Rotten Tomatoes without leaving the app

• Enjoy your favorite movie trailers on your TV with AirPlay and Apple TV

• Share your favorite trailers with friends using AirDrop, Facebook, Twitter, Messages, and Mail

• Keep your favorite theaters and movie trailers up to date on all of your devices using iCloud

Requirements:

• Requires a device with iOS 8 or later

• Requires Internet access over a Wi-Fi or cellular data connection

Enjoy!

Feb 9, 2016 2:43 PM in response to judysings

HI, thanks for the response, Judy(?). However, the itunes movie trailer app is not available in Australia. Any oher suggestions? I have tried to get it from the US app store, but it refers me back to the Australian store, where it is NOT available.

Guess I can no longer watch movie trailers on my iPad because the web site automatically forces HD content on me. Nice upgrade Apple. You just stopped me from watching your trailers anymore.

best regards

steve

Feb 9, 2016 3:22 PM in response to Stephen Bruhn

Stephen,

I'm sorry that the iTunes Movie Trailer app is not available in Australia. I didn't know your location when I suggested it. If you click on the link below and contact the iTunes Store Support for your country, perhaps there is another way to stream the content or download it in SD format.

Thank you for using the Apple Support Community. Due to the nature of your issue or question you may find more information by using another one of Apple's support resources - https://getsupport.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action

Take care,

Unable to watch HD video on my iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.