Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NO scroll in trackpad

My old Mac Pro (beg 2011), I installed my time machine copy with Yosemite 10.10.5 from Mac Pro (2014), and the trackpad scrolling with 2 fingers doesn´t work. Any ideas? thanks!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 3:56 AM

6 replies

Feb 8, 2016 6:28 AM in response to lllaass

In the trackpad system preferences shows the video that u can scroll with 2 fingers among other movements...I try to delete the trackpad.plist, but I don´t find it in the library? it´s weird, all other options of the trackpad work? not knowing what to do I use the scroll bar, but it´s not the same! thanks for triying to help, Best

Feb 8, 2016 7:47 AM in response to lllaass

I solve it! find another post:

1. Use the Terminal to enable proper scrolling behavior.

If you have just transferred your software and data to a new MacBook or MacBook Pro and are having troubles with two-finger gestures, then entering the following command in the Terminal should re-enable it:

defaults write -g com.apple.trackpad.scrollBehavior 2

After entering this command, either restart the computer or log out and log back in for the changes to take effect.

by tstanfield1

Thanks anyway! best

NO scroll in trackpad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.