Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Too many emails going to junk

Mac iOS 10.7.5 1TB Storage 2.16 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Mail version: 5.5(1283)

Mail Issue

This is an issue with "known" contact's emails ending up within the Junk Mail. This appears to happen randomly, as some make it to my inbox, this can happen at anytime during the day (not time dependant).

It also becoming problematic than say a month ago which happened now and again.

I have checked all the contacts still exist as a contact within my address book, which they were.

This also happens on all my devices (Mac), but I normal notice the issue on my personal Office Computer (above mentioned spec).

I am wondering if this a wide spread problem (servers etc.) ?

Any help welcome,

Thanks Douglas

iMac, 23, Mac OS X (10.7), 2.16 GHz Intel Duo, 4 GB 667 MHz

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 5:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 10:32 AM

Junk mail tries to learn from you who are "junk" senders, and what are junk subject lines. Furthermore, many e-mail companies now employ SpamAssassin or another spam software to add spam to the metadata based on known "spammers." Unfortunately some people may get marked as spammers because they get spoofed by a spammer, and then the spam control companies add a blackhole list listening for them, to block them. If you receive mass e-mails with multiple e-mail addresses visible, then you are more likely to get infected by a spoofer virus, from someone else. It is better to use mailing lists, and social media to send mass e-mails, or use BCC instead. If you are finding certain people ending up in your spam folder, the first thing to do is to make rules to force a person's e-mail message not to be marked as spam, and force it to go to your inbox. If that doesn't help, then you might want to contact that person to ask them to check if they have inadvertently been blacklisted.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2016 10:32 AM in response to The Inovator

Junk mail tries to learn from you who are "junk" senders, and what are junk subject lines. Furthermore, many e-mail companies now employ SpamAssassin or another spam software to add spam to the metadata based on known "spammers." Unfortunately some people may get marked as spammers because they get spoofed by a spammer, and then the spam control companies add a blackhole list listening for them, to block them. If you receive mass e-mails with multiple e-mail addresses visible, then you are more likely to get infected by a spoofer virus, from someone else. It is better to use mailing lists, and social media to send mass e-mails, or use BCC instead. If you are finding certain people ending up in your spam folder, the first thing to do is to make rules to force a person's e-mail message not to be marked as spam, and force it to go to your inbox. If that doesn't help, then you might want to contact that person to ask them to check if they have inadvertently been blacklisted.

Too many emails going to junk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.