Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does restarting Safari fix my problems?

For the past few months I've been noticing some problems with Safari that go away, in the short term, if I restart Safari. For example, on pages with video, the video space will sometimes display in black or white with no way to play the video. If I restart Safari the site is fine again and I can play video. There is one news website I go to that will sometimes not even load, the progress bar will just pause about 1/4 of the way through the load. But again, if I restart Safari, the page will load just fine. But even after the restart, maybe 10 or 30 minutes down the road, the problem will happen again and force me to restart again.

I've tried many things to figure out what the problem is, like clearing the cache, cookies, and selectively turning extensions on and off. I even had to find a script that I placed on the menu bar to make it easy to restart safari and load the same pages again.

So I'm curious as to what's actually happening when I restart Safari that might be causing these problems to go away? Maybe that will help me figure out what the problem is. Any ideas?

Jim

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 5:49 AM

1 reply

Why does restarting Safari fix my problems?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.