Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find my emails from a hard drive that I have taken out from a broken MAC to put into another MAC? I have looked everywhere and cannot find an email file on the hard drive. I know some files are hidden, but it is not possible to see hidden f

I cant find emails on the hard drive that I am trying to use from my old computer that broke. I have searched high and low and in libraries and there is no mail file. Do you have any suggestions?

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 5:53 AM

2 replies

Feb 8, 2016 10:21 AM in response to Eric Root

Yes I have looked in the library and pressed the option key, but it only brings up the current library on the computer that I am plugging the hard drive into. So I have taken out the hard drive and am plugging it into another computer in order to retrieve the data. In the Finder menu, I then have to click on the drive and go into the library but it is hidden. If I select the Go menu, this only seems to look at the drive on the current computer. Any ideas? Thanks.

How do I find my emails from a hard drive that I have taken out from a broken MAC to put into another MAC? I have looked everywhere and cannot find an email file on the hard drive. I know some files are hidden, but it is not possible to see hidden f

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.