Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change Apple ID

Hi,

So I work for a company that has purchased apps from the Mac App Store for multiple Macs. The problem is that over the years different people (that no longer work here) have bought different software for different Macs using their own work emails.

Now, I can potentially still access these individuals email so I might be able to re-set passwords and login to individual accounts. However, if I can't access their emails is there away to re-set passwords? I know we still have invoices with order numbers and Apple ID's attached. Could we contact apple with this as proof of who we are and that we would like account details re-set?

And moving forward from this, once i've accessed individual accounts, is it possible to move purchases from these accounts to just one account? Can you have multiple licenses for apps such as Logic Pro X on one account?

Thanks,

Chris

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 4:01 AM

1 reply

Feb 8, 2016 10:31 AM in response to chris_james_87

No, because regardless of the fact they are perhaps company domain email addresses, the accounts are private consumer accounts and the software actually belongs to the individual employees. Your company should have been working through the business unit at Apple using company controlled accounts, handled by the company IT department.

Late 2012 Mac mini, OS X El Capitan 10.11.2; Apple Watch, 38 mm silver AL, Watch OS 2.1; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 6+, iOS 9.2

Change Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.