Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto Albums aren't showing up now in Photos with iCloud

I recently updated my iMac OS to El Captian and am now forced to use Photos instead of iPhoto.

I had created a ton of photo albums within iPhoto to keep my photos organized. I am also new to

using and paying for iCloud.

Anyone have any idea how I can get my organized photo albums now in Photos back onto my

iPhone and iPad?

iMac

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 4:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 6:22 AM

If your iMac , your iPhone, and your iPad are using iCloud Photo Library, any standard album you are creating on your Mac will show in the album section of the other devices. Only smart albums will not sync to your mobile devices. Are the smart albums missing, or do your albums not show at all?

See this help page, on what should have been migrated from your iPhoto LIbrary to Photos.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2016 6:22 AM in response to jmhicloud

If your iMac , your iPhone, and your iPad are using iCloud Photo Library, any standard album you are creating on your Mac will show in the album section of the other devices. Only smart albums will not sync to your mobile devices. Are the smart albums missing, or do your albums not show at all?

See this help page, on what should have been migrated from your iPhoto LIbrary to Photos.

Feb 8, 2016 10:51 AM in response to léonie

It looks like my photos are going to take a long time to copy over and I can now see

the albums partially loaded in iCloud now but they aren't showing up yet on my iPhone -

at what point will the customized photo albums show up on my iPhone and/or what

do I need to do to get them there?

I read the link you attached but it doesn't say how to get them back onto the iPhone

or iPad?

Feb 8, 2016 11:41 AM in response to jmhicloud

If you are using iCLoud Photo Library on all devices then once all uploads are complete then all photos will be downloaded and all libraries on all systems will be the same and all changes made on any system will be made on all systems

The initial upload can be very slow and long but you have to let it finish without interruption

LN

iPhoto Albums aren't showing up now in Photos with iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.