Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is dictation of long texts possible with an iMac?

I have to dictate long texts very often. Is this possible with an iMac? What do I need for this? Any experiences concerning quality?

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 5:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 2:09 AM

The Mac OS does have dictation ability built in but I find it annoyingly inaccurate even in the so-called more accurate mode. When I do use it I find that I must correct multiple errors, usually involving misunderstood words and some very odd kinds of errors as well. Generally speaking, I can type faster than I can dictate and correct.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2016 2:09 AM in response to nickmock

The Mac OS does have dictation ability built in but I find it annoyingly inaccurate even in the so-called more accurate mode. When I do use it I find that I must correct multiple errors, usually involving misunderstood words and some very odd kinds of errors as well. Generally speaking, I can type faster than I can dictate and correct.

Is dictation of long texts possible with an iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.