Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to import an .ics file into calendar.

I understand that you can usually just drag it into calendar, but when I exported it from google apps it added the extension .tsv. Is there a way I can still import this into calendar?

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 7:04 AM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2016 11:09 AM in response to douglas_m

Hi douglas_m,

The format that you have exported from Google is for use with spreadsheets and text editors, not calendar applications:

Tab-delimited text, also known as tab-separated values (TSV), is a format that can be created or viewed by most spreadsheet programs and text editors

I found another support article from Google that explains how to export asan .icsfile.
https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37111?hl=en

Export events from one calendar

1. On your computer, open Google Calendar. You can only export from a computer, not a phone or tablet.
  2. On the left side of the page, find the My calendars section.
  3. To the right of the calendar you want to export, click the dropdown menu User uploaded file > Calendar settings.
  4. Click Export this calendar.
  5. An ICS file of your events will start downloading.

Hopefully this information, or another on the Google support site, will help you with this.

Take care,

I want to import an .ics file into calendar.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.