Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Part of touchscreen is unresponsive

I have been using the iPhone 5c (16gb) for almost two years, a few months ago a part of the touchscreen (a 1 inch width strip in the left side allover the screen length stopped responsive and i can't use that part and most importantly I can't use the character on the keyboard that located in that strip.

It had never been into water and I have used a tempered-glass screen protector and an original Apple iPhone 5c silicon case.

It is really bothering and unable to use, I wonder what could have caused it and how can I fix it??

the weirdest fact about this, is that this part is working and responsive in the start screen (slide to unlock) and I can slide it and type the password as well.

Would like to get some help and see if anyone else had it?

User uploaded fileThe space between is the part that isn't working.

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 5:19 AM

1 reply

Feb 8, 2016 6:46 AM in response to yanirmel13

yanirmel13 wrote:

I have been using the iPhone 5c (16gb) for almost two years, a few months ago a part of the touchscreen (a 1 inch width strip in the left side allover the screen length stopped responsive and i can't use that part and most importantly I can't use the character on the keyboard that located in that strip.

It had never been into water and I have used a tempered-glass screen protector and an original Apple iPhone 5c silicon case.

It is really bothering and unable to use, I wonder what could have caused it and how can I fix it??

the weirdest fact about this, is that this part is working and responsive in the start screen (slide to unlock) and I can slide it and type the password as well.

Would like to get some help and see if anyone else had it?

User uploaded fileThe space between is the part that isn't working.

Make a backup to iTunes. Restore it as new via iTunes. Test the issue. If issue persists, get device serviced by Apple.

Part of touchscreen is unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.