Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video blocked on device

Does anyone know why the above message appears on my iPhone 6s when trying to play songs or videos on You Tube?

The cynical side of me suggests that it's Apple's not so subtle way of getting you to sign up to iTunes and it's probably just a matter of time before they do the same on OS X - hope I'm wrong and that there's a simple fix.

Any help much appreciated - many thanks.

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 6:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 6:22 AM

YouTube works fine on iOS devices. Are you using the app? Or trying do view through a browser? Do you have restrictions of some sort enabled on your YouTube account? What country are you in?

6 replies

Feb 8, 2016 6:28 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thanks for the quick response.

I'm using the YouTube app and I'm in the UK. What I don't understand is that this is a recent issue and I haven't changed anything - I'll try deleting the app and reinstalling.

As a comparison I've tried playing the same songs on my Mac Book that are blocked on the phone and everything works perfectly well - it's not as if I'm trying to watch anything 'dodgy', just stuff like Tom Jones, Marianne Faithful and other mainstream stuff.

Video blocked on device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.