Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 6 buzzes instead of rings

It's a periodic thing, but sometimes instead of playing my ringtone or sound from a video, my phone just buzzes. When it happens I try to hit the home button to make it stop (if I'm watching a video) but there are times it doesn't. I've tried restarting it (normal and a hard restart) - it's a hit and a miss if it is fixed for the next time.

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 7:12 AM

7 replies

Feb 9, 2016 11:04 AM in response to carla021

Hi carla021,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue with your iPhone. If you are having intermittent issues with it vibrating instead of ringing, you may want to check if the Ring/Silent switch may be getting bumped or stuck in between positions. You may find the information and steps outlined in the following article helpful:

Get help with buttons and switches on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards

Feb 9, 2016 11:44 AM in response to brenden dv

Hi Brenden,

I apologize - I didn't make my original description very clear! What I mean by it buzzes, is it literally makes a buzzing sound. The vibrate still works normal, but the sound is not right. The only way I can describe it (and it's not even close but the best I can do) is it sounds like a woodpecker on a tree! It's got that buzzy-tappy-static sort of noise. Sorry, that's a horrible description, but I can't think of anything else it sounds like!

Feb 9, 2016 4:06 PM in response to brenden dv

Independently. Usually either when a call is coming through, or sometimes when I'm trying to watch a video. More often with calls than videos though. And like I said, it doesn't happen every time - it's probably been a week or 2 since it's happened. Other times it could happen 1-2 time a day, every couple of days. There doesn't seem to be a pattern at all.

My iphone 6 buzzes instead of rings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.