Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Opening 3.2.2 concert on different MacBook in 3.2.3 drops channel strips with same name!

While building my concert, many channelstrips within the same patch are just copied/pasted, then edited and left without changing the channel strip name.

For instance, when I have a nice channel strip named "Trance Lead", I copy/paste it, chance the octave or something like that of the second one and now I have 2 channelstrips called "Trance Lead". All fine so far.. Now I save the whole thing including assets, so I can copy it to my second MacBook. Her comes trouble.. Whenever I choose a patch that has 2 or more channelstrips with the same name in it, only ONE of them is loaded!

So... ALWAYS rename copied channelstrips, or at least until this is fixed..

I found this out the hard way.. I work like this:

I have 2 MBP's, a mid 2012 i5 running El Capitan and MS 3.2.2 and a mid 2012 i7 running Yosemite (no time to update yet) and MS 3.3.3 (updated too late to get 3.2.2)

Whenever I make new patches I work on the i5, so I can be sure both laptops will be able to run them.

Then I save with assets included and copy it to the i7, which I use primarily on stage..

Not used to checking if everything works (because it always did) I start playing my awesome new patches, looking like a complete idiot in front of 2000 people, because just the additional ticks and pops (to give the sounds more punch) were loaded. 😢 Singer saved me a bit by shouting out CASIO TOYSTORE DEMO!! But man was I ******..

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 6:54 AM

There are no replies.

Opening 3.2.2 concert on different MacBook in 3.2.3 drops channel strips with same name!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.