Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I slow down a video that was recorded too fast as well as the audio so it sounds at normal speed?

Hello,

So I recorded about 40 film slides without realizing that the speed needed adjustment on the projector. So the audio sounds pretty fast. I was wondering how I can slow it down a tad without making it sound too slow? I tried to adjust it in FCP with the retiming deal but it make it too slow and still made the audio sound like chipmunks. I want to adjust the audio to where it sounds normal. I could take it out of the video and adjust it in audacity but I don't want to do that because then it will take me forever to align it back to the clip in FCP and even then it may not work right. I attached a small clip for y'all to see what I need help with.

http://expirebox.com/download/c398dc60df2942d5430084f3f7423f96.html

PLEASE HELP! Thank in advance.

FCP 10.2.3

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 7:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 8:18 AM

If, from the Retiming dropdown menu, you uncheck Preserve Pitch, you should lose the chipmunk effect.

Russ

3 replies

Feb 8, 2016 8:20 AM in response to Russ H

Ok so that worked. Thank you! Now how do I export multiple clips that are in my timeline instead of loading each one by one and exporting them manually. Basically, I have 40 clips that I need to fix the pitch and then I need to export them back into 40 clips. So how can I do that without exporting them all as one clip and without having to do one by one?

Feb 8, 2016 8:36 AM in response to IVTC

IVTC wrote:

Now how do I export multiple clips that are in my timeline instead of loading each one by one and exporting them manually. Basically, I have 40 clips that I need to fix the pitch and then I need to export them back into 40 clips. So how can I do that without exporting them all as one clip and without having to do one by one?

I don't know. There is an inexpensive app called Clip Exporter, but I don't believe it supports re-timed clips. Perhaps someone else can help.

Russ

How can I slow down a video that was recorded too fast as well as the audio so it sounds at normal speed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.