Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes track not working - does not play

I have purchased/downloaded several tracks recently but one track refuses toplay as if it's a broken file. I have since bought the track from a separate listing which works fine. So, i have purchased two copies of the track but only one works. I'd like my 99p back if possible.

The corrupt track in question is '3055' by Ólafur Arnalds, from album 'Arnalds: Eulogy for Evolution'.

The same track (though shorter) appears and works from 'Erased Tapes Collection I'

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 6:44 AM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2016 11:06 AM in response to sidneyst

Hi there sidneyst,

It sounds like one track from an album you purchased does not play back correctly. I suspect that the file did not completely download or there was some corruption when it did download. I would delete the track and then re-download it from the iTunes Store:

1. Click the item to select it, and press the Delete key.

2. Click Delete [item].

3. Do one of the following:

• Remove the item only from your iTunes library: Click Keep File.

• Delete the item from your computer: Click Move to Trash. The item is removed the next time you empty the Trash.

From: iTunes 12 for Mac: Delete songs, playlists, or other items

Then re download the song from your previous purchases:

Download your past purchases

I would even go as far as to restart the computer before downloading the song again. If the issue persists however you can report a problem to the iTunes Store with the following link:

Report a Problem

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

iTunes track not working - does not play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.