Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal Hotspot Question

I noticed recently that Personal Hotspot has appeared in the first group of settings on my iPhone 6. In fact, it was turned on even though I didn't turn it on. Can I use it now any time? My carrier, Sprint, once told me I had to pay a little more per month to use that feature. I could use it every once in a while, but it's not worth an extra fee.

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 7:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 12:19 PM

Yes, I noticed it tends to turn itself on more often. Guess it is due to Continuity and its Instant Hotspot feature, meant to keep all your iGadgets and Apple products buddy-buddy together: Use Continuity to connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac - Apple Support

But yes, it needs to be enabled by the carrier and can eat away at your data cap in no time. At least with mine, it is free if you get your iPhone from them, dunno how it fares if you bring your own.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2016 12:19 PM in response to Robin Reed1

Yes, I noticed it tends to turn itself on more often. Guess it is due to Continuity and its Instant Hotspot feature, meant to keep all your iGadgets and Apple products buddy-buddy together: Use Continuity to connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac - Apple Support

But yes, it needs to be enabled by the carrier and can eat away at your data cap in no time. At least with mine, it is free if you get your iPhone from them, dunno how it fares if you bring your own.

Personal Hotspot Question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.