Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is it bad to charge my macbook pro while it is on sleep mode?

i often charge my mac while its on sleep mode and i only shut it down once a week. is that alright or does it harm my battery if its on sleep and charging?

also, is it okay to use the mac while its plugged into the charger?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012)

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 8:26 AM

You can run the Mac on the charger as much as you like - there is no danger at all of over-charging - whether you are using it or it's off or sleeping.

The only consideration is that if you are using it on the charger practically all the time you should let the battery run down to about 30% (not more) occasionally to 'exercise' it. Don't let it fully discharge, that is bad for it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2016 8:26 AM in response to KetaPatel5894

You can run the Mac on the charger as much as you like - there is no danger at all of over-charging - whether you are using it or it's off or sleeping.

The only consideration is that if you are using it on the charger practically all the time you should let the battery run down to about 30% (not more) occasionally to 'exercise' it. Don't let it fully discharge, that is bad for it.

is it bad to charge my macbook pro while it is on sleep mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.