Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 16gb (India)

Hi ! I own a iPhone6 16gb. I bought it around December 2014. In January 2016 it accidentally fell from my hand on to the floor (less than half a feet height). Luckily it did not have any physical damage externally. But since then the touch became quiet unresponsive.Tried all the restart,reset and factory reset.All were just a temporary solutions. I just want to know what the problem could be. What should I do further to make it work normal?

Thanks in advance 🙂

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 8:11 AM

4 replies

Feb 8, 2016 8:18 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Hi Lawrence ! Touch ID is perfectly working, I was saying about the touch screen, I contacted the Apple Repair facility and they were like we will be charging 500 rupees and reinstall the software and in case if it fails the phone doesn't work at all it seems. Again I have to pay 23,200 rupees to get a new iPhone in exchange. I was quiet confused with their answer.

Feb 8, 2016 8:28 AM in response to RohitK369

I misunderstood. If Touch ID is working then you probably need a new screen, but there's a slight chance it can be corrected by restoring iOS. You can reinstall the software yourself; just connect the phone to iTunes on your computer and click Restore iOS in iTunes. If the Restore fails there is other internal damage and you will have to replace the phone. The exchange price you were quoted is about 1/3 the cost of a new phone, so it's a bargain. If it's only the screen the replacement cost for the screen should be lower. But be sure to have only Apple or an Apple authorized repair shop do the work.

iPhone 6 16gb (India)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.