Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.2.1 - System Overload issue

Hi,

I'm having issues with 10.2.1 not being able to play my existing projects due to System Overload, when loaded into 10.2.0 they play absolutely fine. As a result I now have both versions of the software on my machine but am very reluctant to use 10.2.1 for new projects in case I get the same issue and can't use the project on 10.2.0.

I've included a link to a video to demonstrate, I loaded the song into 10.2.0 and played the "chorus" section, quit out and loaded the same song into 10.2.1, then attempted to play the same section. There is nothing else running on my system.

I'm on OSX 10.9.5 and haven't upgraded because I use Logic daily in my profession and can't afford to risk upgrade issues affecting my work (the Logic upgrade being a good example).

Please help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84GY9t_MkhQ

Regards,

Kevin.

Logic Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 7:37 AM

5 replies

Feb 8, 2016 8:44 AM in response to RoboTart

Kevin,

While your video shows the problem occurring it doesn't show what might cause it because typically the causes are 3rd party plugins that need updating.... or an update tis needed for your Midi /Audio interface for example..

Hard to say exactly....... but i can say Im running 10.2.1 under both OS X 10.10.5 and 10.11.3.... here on several testbed Macs (Mac Pro, iMac, iMac 5K and Mac Mini Server) using Motu gear... with the latest drivers... and I'm not seeing any more overloads than I saw under 10.2 or 10.0.7...

When your OS X version starts getting old... it's possible that trying to use a modern app that is optimized for later OS X versions, could be causing this too.... but as I don't have a Mavericks based testbed system these days I cannot confirm this..

This is why I don't update Logic nor OS X unless I absolutely have /need to on my main working systems here...

Example: Im still running 10.6.8 and LP 9.1.6 as one of my main 'work horse' systems... as its stable, efficient and reliable..

Nigel

Feb 20, 2016 7:07 AM in response to RoboTart

OK I have an update on this. I've taken the plunge and updated to the most recent OSX (El Capitan 10.11.3) and the situation is no better.

My audio interface is an Alesis IO4, I can't find any drivers for that but then, all is fine with 10.2.0 so I don't think that's an issue.

The 3rd party plugins I have in the project are:

- Tyrell N6 (3 instances of), I found I had to install a new version due to a GUI issue.

- TAL NoiseMaker (also 3 instances of), I have the most recent version.

- Scarbee Funk Guitarist, I had to update Kontakt 5 player.

After all the updates the track plays smoothly in 10.2.0 but not in 10.2.1. The results are the same as in the video I posted at the top.

I tried freezing the 7 tracks with 3rd party plugins in 10.2.1 and it played better but still not as good as 10.2.0 with everything in.

Everything I have is up to date and working.

Any suggestions?

Kevin.

Feb 27, 2016 8:09 AM in response to RoboTart

I had the same issues yesterday with a project which was all audio tracks and only using the stock plugins (compressor, EQ, reverb etc.) so went in search of a solution. Found this which solved it for me: Logic Pro X 10.2.1 update system overload problem

markorozco Feb 18, 2016 11:23 PM post which suggests changing the audio preferences.

I needed to make 2 changes as all the other settings were already the same:

- I/O Buffer size changed from 128 to 256 <--- Mine was set to 1024 (not sure why?)

- Multithreading - Playback Tracks (Changed from Playback & Live Tracks)

That was it, problem solved.

Feb 27, 2016 12:51 PM in response to RoboTart

My problem with the new Logic Pro X 10.2.1 was that I couldn't even get it to open.

Knock on wood, but I determined the date of the install (February 25, 2016), and then I (fortunately) was able to revert to the previous version, by restoring with Time Machine - now, everything seems to be okay.

I had previously questioned the usefulness of time machine, but I am now convinced that it is a great thing to have. Meanwhile, I will research updates on Logic Pro a bit more thoroughly before moving ahead, rather than merely jumping in and downloading them...

10.2.1 - System Overload issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.