Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I enable remote control of Remote Desktop?

I am trying to control my 10.4.11 machine from Mac OS X 10.10.4. Remote Desktop is enabled, I vnc into it and see the screen, but it the options to enable control are grayed out on my window of the 10.4.11 machine. I know I could do this with iChat, but I would like the be able to do this with remote desktop like I can with 10.6 and later. Any clues as to why the mouse control is grayed out, and what to do about it?

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 8:11 AM

17 replies

Feb 10, 2016 9:10 AM in response to a brody

Note: I requested this thread be moved to Yosemite Networking, as it is uniquely a Yosemite issue, and not Tiger, nor Apple Remote Desktop retail package issue. We are still trying to get it to function properly under Yosemite Networking as it works fine under Snow Leopard, but Yosemite is currently my primary operating system, and I occasionally need to access Tiger on another Mac that can't get into Yosemite.

How do I enable remote control of Remote Desktop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.